Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I have an ongoing struggle with "reliving" the moments leading up to and surrounding Isaiah's birth.  Usually, the flashbacks happen on Fridays and Saturdays--the day he died and the day he was delivered.  When the memories come, they bring feelings of grief, overwhelming, smothering feelings of grief, with them.  I try so hard to "take every thought captive", but it seems an impossible feat. 
Anyone else struggle with this?

On another note-- The verses below are comforting to me.  The nation of Isreal(Zion) is personified and is complaining that God has forgetten her--that He does not care about the things she is going through: 

But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me.”

God's answer to her is:
“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you! 
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me."

In trying to convey to Zion how much He cared for her, God used the example of a mom's love for her baby.  Wow...  Of all the examples He could use--God chose to use the example of a moms love for her baby.  He knows exactly how much I love my precious son(and that I can never forget him)--and He says His love for me is even greater than that.  His heart toward me is just as tender as my heart toward my son.  His concern for my well-being is just as great as my concern for my daughters.  His delight in me is just as sweet as my delight in my children.  Just as I hurt when my children hurt, God hurts when I hurt. 
He is a good God.
He has not forgotten me.
He knows the pain that overwhelms this momma's heart.
Oh that I would rest in His love.    


1 comment:

  1. Yes! I know what you mean. Those memories are so strong and they just rush in like a flood. I hope for you as time continues to pass you will be able to be comforted by the sweet memories of Isaiah. These are in your mind and heart too! A Beautiful verse to keep on your mind. You are a wonderful mommy who loves your baby boy and you will not forget him.

    Praying for you right now!

    ReplyDelete