Friday, May 18, 2012

A Normal Day. 
Wow--how I took normal days for granted.  What I wouldnt give for just one normal day or even one half of a normal day.  A day in which the weightiest issue I faced was what to make for dinner.  A day where the sky was blue, the girls laughed, and I checked things off my never ending and oh-so-important to do list. 
Now, those things seem so far away.
And maybe so un-important. 
Maybe I really dont want those days back. 
Maybe I was just living in a pretend world.  A world I struggled hard to keep "perfect", free of any pain, nice and tidy--like the sweet smocked dresses I put on my girls.  But that's not real life, is it?  The storms will come.  The tears will fall.  The dresses get dirty and wrinkled and worn. 
So what is normal life?  Is "normal" life a real thing?
Maybe normal life is good and bad.  Laughter and tears.  Sunshine and rain.  Smocked dresses and old ratty t shirts.  Right now, my day is filled with sadness, shattered dreams, and tears.  Unforntunately, I'm realizing that this is normal.  No more pretending that pain doesnt exist.  Sometimes, life just stinks.
So where does that leave me?  Do I let myself wallow in misery?  Do I curl up on the couch and dream of sunshiny days.  Do I look at the seemingly nice lives of those around me and let envy take over my heart?
Not if God is real.
And I always said I believed He was.
If God is real, I can take comfort in Him.  I can take comfort that there is a God who is in control of the good and bad. A God who loves me; loves me very very much. A God who weeps when I weep. A God who has a purpose and a plan. A God who has promised that this life is short and that eternity (with no pain, tears, or rain) is forever!

So, where are you?  What are your thoughts on real life? Is your life sunshiney or stormy?  Smocked dresses or ratty old t-shirts?  Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment