Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I knew that this week leading up to Isaiah's one year birthday would be hard-- I just didn't realize that it would be this hard.  It has been a long time since I've cried this much.  Reliving the events surrounding his death and birth are not fun.  I constantly think back to what I was doing a year ago.  A year ago yesterday, I had a doctors visit.  They did an ultrasound and he looked healthy.  Everything looked good. But, of course, something was not good.  Something was wrong.  Oh how I wish that I knew what that something was. 
Whenever I feel overwhelmed by grief, I think of the other ladies whose stories I have read and that brings me comfort.  I know that I am not alone in my grief.  I know that there are women who truly understand. I know that I will make it-- just like they are making it.  Life for me, and for them, is different and it will never return to what used to be normal, but we will make it.
Oh Isaiah, how I long to hold you in my arms again.   

4 comments:

  1. The days leading up to the one year anniversary were some of the hardest and darkest for me. I don't know what the two year anniversary will hold but I know that I wished so badly to rewind time and just know exactly what to do to save Eva's life.
    Just want you to know you are not alone. Remembering Isaiah with you.
    Do you have something planned for his birthday? We had cake and sent balloons to heaven.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Em for the encouragement. When the grief seems so large and overwhelming I think of you and the other women that I have "met". Ya'll are such an encouragement to me that I am not alone in this.
      We are having some close friends and family over for dinner. It helps to have something to plan/keep busy with.
      How did your children do with Eva's birthday?

      Delete
    2. We had angel food cake (seemed appropriate)The kids sang her happy birthday and I cried. And cried. And cried.
      However, her first bday was only 2 months after her death.
      For her second bday (2months after the first anniversary)we had angel food cake again and also small presents for the kids in honour of Eva. On the first anniversary of her heaven day we planted 2 trees in her honour.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry. You are not alone <3

    ReplyDelete