Saturday, April 13, 2013

Dearest Isaiah,
I am sitting by your grave typing this in my phone.  The day is gorgeous- for that I am very thankful. I have been fighting back tears all day - well actually all week. As I struggle to make it through today and tomorrow, I have been thinking a lot about the death if my Savior.  Had He not died - I would be outrageously angry at God for taking my son.  Not that that would matter - because being God, He has the express privelege of doing what He pleases.  But the fact that God willingly sent his one and only son to die for me - the fact that my savior died for me means that I can trust him.  I can know that he is for me and not against me.  I can know that he will redeem that which was lost.  As I sit by your grave--I think of the beautiful scandalous cross and my soul rests.
Love you so very much Isaiah,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. I was thinking similar things this morning in church - Jesus defeated the grave but allowed my daughter to die. An awful paradox, but we trust Him anyway.

    ReplyDelete