Monday, September 10, 2012

Wow--this past month has been hard.  . 
Overall, though, I think the journey has gotten a little easier... I'm not feeling the need to hide out at home and grieve 24/7, I'm not dreading play dates with friends as much, I've been able to hold my 3 month old nephew without sobbing, and I've been able to talk to my sister-in-law about her pregnancy and the anticipated arrival of her son...
Even though it has been much slower than I had hoped, I can look back and see that I have made progress along this rough path... definitely thankful for progress!

I've written some about my four year old daughter and the way that she has handled losing Isaiah.  Suffice it to say, it has not been an easy journey for her.  One of the things that I decided to do to help her express her grief was to make an "Isaiah Book".  We went to Target and picked out a photo album, then I let her select some pictures that she wanted to put into her book.  After that, she told me exactly where she wanted each picture placed and what she wanted me to write beside each picture.  She drew in some pictures as well.  I wasn't sure how she would feel about the book, but she really got into it!  Now, she keeps it on a shelf beside her bed and looks at it from time to time.  I'm hoping that it will always be a precious reminder to her of her little brother.  
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. This book is a great idea. I have done something different but similar for our boys. Maybe a small photo album is in order though...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! She seems to really treasure it...I am glad for that. And I wanted to tell you... congrats on the precious little life that you are carrying!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! I should do this with Hailee! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm sorry the last month has been hard. I've wondered why you haven't posted as much? I had hoped it was cuz you were doing well. I'm so happy you have made progress! I feel you in the awareness of HOW SLOW COMING IT IS. I think about you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, this month has not been easy. I think I read that the 4-6 month time period is difficult. Its true! :( And I've wanted to write but just couldnt bring myself to do it. Part of me wants to stuff and ignore everything... but I know that's not healthy and in the end I do feel better after talking/blogging.

      Delete
    2. Ps Love the projects that you do!! Especially the quilt. What a sweet comfort that will be to a family that is grieving.

      Delete