Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm really really thankful for my daughters.
  • Yesterday, my 2 year old brings me two flowers (well, they were actually weeds!).  Handing me one, she says "This one for Isaiah". Thanking her, I take the flower.   "And this one for you" she says as she hands me the second one. Can I cry?  :)
  • At night, Daniel and I usually pray with the  girls.  Well my two year old has pretty much prayed the same sentence in every prayer since Isaiah died. In her precious two year old voice, she asks God to "Help momma feel better."  Oh the sweetness of a child's faith and love. 
 

I really really enjoy running in the mornings.  It is one place in my life where I feel like I am, at least somewhat, in control (I can run fast or slow), where I know just what to expect (the tough spots-- ie hills --are always in the exact same spot, no surprises), where I dont have to fake anything (I can even cry... its dark so no one sees my face), and where I get to be a spectator of God's unharmed-by-man-handiwork (some of the sunrises are just amazing). 

 

I'm really really affected by the weather.  It has been cloudy and drizzling ("tinkling" as my daughters say) for two days now.  I'm fighting the temptation to climb into bed and just cry.  Instead, I think I will get my two girls and my mom and go shopping!

(insert picture of Target here!)
 

I'm really really longing for Heaven.  The heartache of many fellow mommas is weighing heavily on my heart.... a momma who was forced to say goodbye way to soon to her teenage daughter because of a car accident; a momma who buried her precious 9 year old son last week after his long battle with a progressive disease, a momma struggling to survive a battle with breast cancer so that she may live to raise her precious adopted daughter, a momma who may be a single mom soon because of a crazy, unexpected stroke that may claim the life of her husband... Truly it feels as if "the whole creation has been groaning..." (Rom 8:23).  "Oh God, the sadness and suffering of so many women is so great.  Please, God, hold these dear precious mommas in Your gentle arms.  May their weary souls find rest in You.  In our sadness, help us to cling to the Cross...the love and hope that it represents. Thank You for the Cross... because of it, our greatest need has been met."

(image via pinterest)


Now... off to do some "shop therapy"....

No comments:

Post a Comment