Thursday, August 23, 2012

The night before last, Daniel, the girls, and I were working on a puzzle together (princesses, of course!).  I glanced down to the pieces that my 2 year old daughter had been working on and started to laugh... She had found two pieces that looked like they should go together, but did not, and decided to make them work by placing a sticker on them--in essence taping them together.  :) 
After laughing, I realized that sometimes that is just what I do with my life.  My life is sort of like a puzzle.  The picture is not complete yet,  God is still working on it. Sometimes, I get anxious and try to hurry the process or try to make various pieces fit.  Instead of letting God do the work, I jam pieces together and then apply tape to hold it together.  It may work for awhile, but the picture is not as beautiful as it could/should be and, ultimately, it wont hold up. 
A good current example, with the adoption journey that we have begun, I want to speed things up.  I want the perfect situation to come along NOW.  Already, we have been presented with several situations where an adoptive family is needed.  But have said no each time because we have felt like God was telling us to wait.  BUT I've been tempted to manipulate circumstances to make the situations work.  Like the puzzle, though, if I just wait and allow God to put the pieces together, the end result will be much more beautiful than anything I could do on my own.  He is a good God.  And He is at work!   

1 comment: