Thursday, August 16, 2012

At times, I struggle, still, with truly believing that God loves me.  I question His love... how could He love me when He allowed my precious son to die.  Would a good God allow death?  But during these times of struggle, I try to focus on Truth:
     "God's unfailing love for us is an objective fact affirmed over and over in the Scriptures.  It is true whether we believe it or not.  Our doubts do not destroy God's love, nor does our faith create it.  It originates in the very nature of God, who is love, and it flows to us through our union with His beloved Son." (from the book Trusting God Even When Life Hurts)
Our union with His beloved Son... please read this post to get a good picture of what Christ's love drove Him to do for each of us and why His love can sustain us through each moment (yes, even the moments when our hearts are shattering).

No comments:

Post a Comment