Monday, July 30, 2012

After Isaiah died, Eternity became more real to me.  I always believed that Eternity was real, but, on April 14th, it became more real.  And I started thinking and talking about it more.  One day, my mom and I were talking about Heaven and she said that when we are there, we will look back at our life here on earth and it will probably seem like a dream.  Not that it didn't happen, but that its significance was small compared to Eternity.
If that is true, then I definitely want to spend more time/effort on things that are of eternal value vs. things that are just of earthly value.
So, I decided to volunteer at our local crisis pregnancy center.  Wow--it has been so good.  I go there to serve, but it has blessed me so very much.  When I am there, I realize that life is hard.  It is not perfect.  There is brokenness.  I am not the only one that is hurting.   These women are crying because they too have broken hearts.  Broken by those that were supposed to love them, but instead took advantage of them, causing them to endure torment that no little girl should endure.  It reminds me to cling to my Savior--to set my hope on Him and to not try to search for satisfaction in this broken, messed up world. 
I don't understand why Isaiah died.  I don't understand why these women have had to endure indescribable pain.
My whole being is crying out from the pain of it all, but in faith, I believe that He will redeem that which was lost.  He will make it right.  Death will be no more.  Evil will be punished. 
Beauty will come from ashes.
Oh how I long for that day.        

1 comment:

  1. So true Julie. I too long for eternity and Heaven in a way I never did before. I like what your mom said about life here being like a dream. Kinda how my little Eva sometimes feels like a beautiful dream I once had and yet she was so very, very real but is more alive than I am right now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete