Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Where do I begin?

Well, they say a picture is worth a 1,000 words, so I'll just share a couple snapshots from our last few months:

We landed back in the hospital for the second time this summer.  Different little girl.  Different problem. STILL.NO.FUN.
 Hoping and praying for no more hospital stays in the near future!
 
After our stay in the hospital, we headed to the beach for some R & R. It was a sweet time of much needed rest. And of smiles. :)

 
We were so thankful for this time away.  We did not want to go home! 


 
 
 
While at the beach, DSS called (again!) asking if we would consider taking a foster child.  This time we decided to say yes. And the Monday we returned, a precious 14 month old boy was brought to our home. My heart breaks for "C" (who is on the left); suffice it to say he has had nothing short of a very very very tough first 14months of life.
 
 
 
 
Doing life with 5 little ones ages 6yo and under is WiLd and CrAzY :)
 
 
 
And although my arms are never empty these days, my heart still longs, grieves, yearns for the little one that I will never again (this side of eternity) hold.
 
 
There is so much to write.  So many emotions in this heart of mine that I need to process.  There is still so much sadness over losing Isaiah; there is still so much envy of others and their "perfect" pregnancies and birth stories"; there is  unbelief about how a mom could so neglect her 14month old baby boy; there is confusion about why God chooses to take some little babies but He decides to grant life to others; there is a growing awareness of all the brokenness in this world (I truly led such a sheltered happy life); there is a grieving and a questioning of God about all this brokenness.... there are just so many many emotions. 
However, my day has been (just a tad) busy, and I am tired. 
So, I'm going to sign off. 
But I do hope to write again soon. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. Yes your arms are full. I can see that. Looks like our house. Yes I struggle (so much) with why God takes some and leaves others. Why do people who abuse or neglect their kids get to keep them while he took my beloved and well-cared for daughter. But those are questions we will not know the answer to this side of heaven. My husband's grandma lost a son at 8 years old. There is a verse in Isaiah somewhere that brought her much comfort. About how he is keeping our children from future hurts. If I find the reference I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em. I would love to know that verse if you find it! Life seemed so much simpler before I lost Isaiah. There are so many tough things....

      Delete